Pinned ICE

ATTENTION! The forum is archived and can only be read. You can find more information on our Discord server or on our Website.

Discord New Website

• I owe you a big apology for that =( I have some things going on irl right now that take up a lot of time and energy. So I haven't been able to invest as much time as I want in the game and everything around it. This is also why I've stepped down as staff-member on the Fanzone site. I just can't give it the attention it needs and deserves right now.
      I did announce ICE some time prior in the main topic on the blitz-forum, but I forgot to add it here too. And for that, I'm very sorry.
    • Hy guys!

Firstly:
      I've had quite a few questions regarding ICE and the coming of training rooms, and I'll let you know this; I don't intend to move ICE to the training rooms. For me, the randomness of not knowing who will be in your team or in the enemy team is part of the charm of ICE and what makes it fun. I don't want fixed teams, and moving to training rooms would mean just that. The mingling, the chaos, I absolutely love that, and wouldn't give it up for the world. That mingling is why ICE was created in the first place.
      So until training rooms can hold every participant of ICE and there's a shuffle button that'll put everyone at a random place in a random team, the training rooms have nothing to offer ICE.

Secondly, saving the best for last:
      This month, ICE reaches a very special milestone. This month, it's time for ICE12. That means that ICE has been running for a full year. I can't quite believe it's been a year already, and I want to thank you all for giving me such amazingly fun and chaotic nights every month. I wouldn't have been able to do it all without you guys. All the participants and participating clans make ICE into the incredibly fun event it is, and I'm so happy it's become the success that it is. I can't express my gratitude to you for that properly.

But, I'm going to attempt to do just that, in a way.

Because it's a special ICE, ICE12 will be quite different from the regular ICE's (which will continue next month). For starters, I'll be skipping the first part of ICE completely. Yes, that's right. We're going straight for the "all-in-one-room-utter-chaos" time. (This mostly because I expect this ICE to be busier than usual, and teamspeak's whisper function stops working when there's more than 100 people, so the first part becomes impossible then.)

And the reason why I expect this one to be a little busier - contests. Because this is the anniversary of ICE, MrConway has gone out of his way to get me some special prizes for several contests, so I'm very grateful for that. But because they're special prizes, there'll also be some special rules involved.

The following rules apply to all three contests:
      • Basically; if you already have the tank you'd be winning, you can't win that tank. These tanks are special, and I want to make sure that the people that win will actually get the tank, and not a gold compensation. So;
        - If you score first, but already have the prize-tank, you will get the prize of second place, and second place will get the first place prize-tank
        - If you score first, but have both prize-tanks, you win nothing, and the next in line moves up
        - If you score second, but already have the prize-tank, you win nothing, and the next in line will win the second place prize instead
        - If you score second, but would get the first place prize-tank instead of the second place prize tank, and you already have the first place prize-tank, you win nothing and the next in line will win instead
      • The match has to have at least 8 ICE-participants
      • Take screenshots of both the battle results (as proof that it happened during ICE) and the team results (to show it was an ICE-match)
      • Your clan has to be an official ICE-participant
      • You or your toonmate have to be on our ts-server for the event in order to participate in any of the contests (since not everyone can ts during ICE, it's OR, not AND)

The contests are as follows:

Most damage
      Prizes for this contest will be:
      • First place: T34-85 Victory
      • Second place: Pz.Kpfw. 38H375 (f) (the Micromaus)

• This can be in a win or a loss or a draw
      • The damage you do will be converted to tier, meaning that the damage you have will be divided by the tier you're playing in to determine your damage-score
        So, for example, 5k damage in tier X, will be 5,000/10=500, 4,500 damage in tier IX will be 4,500/9=500, and so on, and so forth, ending with 500 damage in tier I will be 500/1=500. This number will form your damage-score, and the person with the highest damage-score will win the contest
      • If two people have the exact same damage score, the one with the highest base XP (thus, most probably the highest tier), will win.
      • You can enter as many times as you want, but only your highest damage-score will count

Most kills
      • First place: Sentinel AC-1

• This can be in a win or a loss or a draw
      • The goal is to get the most kills
      • If two people have the same amount of kills, the damage you do will be converted to tier as explained above and the highest damage-score will decide the winner
      • You can enter as many times as you want, but only your highest amount of kills will count

Most capture points
      • First place: Pz.Kpfw. B2 740

• The goal is to get the most base-capture points in a game
      • If two people have the same amount of points (unlikely though that is), the damage you do will be converted to tier as explained above and the highest-damage score will decide the winner
      • You have to take an additional screenshot for this one - your personal results, that show how many base capture points you've gotten
      • You can enter as many times as you want, but only your highest amount of capture points will count

If any of these contests, or rules/conditions are unclear, please just ask about what's unclear and I'll be happy to explain =)

You can enter all three contests, and if you're really lucky, you can even win two or all three of them.

Entries must be submitted in the ICE-contest thread, which can be found here, to me in PM, or through any of the messenger programs you find me on, and have to be submitted before Monday, May 23rd, 23.59 CEST

Playing the high tiers is usually very expensive these days, so please make sure to have saved up enough credits to play.
      Clan-leaders, I ask you to explain the contests to your clan-members, so everyone knows beforehand what they are and what the conditions are in order to win =)

ICE12 will be held on Saturday, May 21st, 7pm/19.00 UK-time, 8pm/20.00 CEST.
      Ts-address is ts.clan-phoenix.com

And just a general reminder:
      • Headphones are a must
      • If you have a lot of background noise, or echo, you will have to mute your microphone.
      • Especially this time around, mute the lady/gent saying 'user entered/left your channel' - you can do this in the settings - or you'll go absolutely crazy, and your ts will likely crash
      • Your ts-nick must be your in game name + clan-tag. For example, I'd be Amaunet85[PHNX]
      • If you do not have a tier X, you're free to pick a tier IX.
      • If you do not have a tier VIII, you're free to pick a tier VII. If you do not wish to do that, do not take part in the countdown until we switch tiers, to keep things fair.
      • In general; if you do not have the tier we're driving, you're free to pick the tier below that, but not the tier above it, because that would give you an unfair advantage. If you do use a higher tier (even if it's just one of the two in a platoon), you will get kicked from the ts-server and won't be able to participate in the rest of the event that day.

I'd be very grateful if one of you could translate this (or at least the specific contests and the rules of the contests) to German, so everyone here will understand them =)

Looking forwards to seeing all of you there :love:
    • Hy guys!

Bit short notice, I know, but something came up, and I have to move ICE a week earlier than I had originally intended. Therefore, ICE will be held next Friday, June 10th, at 7pm/19.00 UK-time, 8pm/20.00CET. Hope to see you all there!

• Hy guys!

It's my pleasure to announce that in August, we will indeed have a Double ICE (to make up for the fact that we didn't have one at all in July)!

Part One will take place on Friday, August 12th, starting at 7pm/19.00 UK-time, 8pm/20.00 CET
      Part Two will take place on Saturday, August 20th, starting at 7pm/19.00 UK-time, 8pm/20.00 CET

For this Double ICE, we also have a combined contest:
      • Highest Damage-score across both ICEs
        (meaning that you have to submit results for both ICEs)

This can happen in -any- tier now.
      • The damage you have done in battle will be divided by the tier you're playing in.
        So, 5k damage in tier X, will give a score of 5,000/10=500
        4,500 damage in tier IX will give a score of 4,500/9=500
        And so on, and so forth, ending with 500 damage in tier I will give a score of 500/1=500
        (meaning that no matter what tier we're playing, if you have a good battle for that tier, you should screenshot and submit it)

Rules:
      • do the highest amount of damage in either a win, a draw or a loss, in a match with at least 6 ICE-participants, during Part One, and during Part Two.
      • take screenshots of both the battle results (as proof that it happened during ICE) and the teamresults (to show it was an ICE-match)
      • your clan has to be an official ICE-partipant
      • you or your toonmate have to be on our ts-server for the event in order to participate in either contest (since not everyone can ts during ICE, it's OR, not AND)
      • you can enter as many times as you want, but only your highest damage-score per event will count
      • you can submit your screenshots for Part One in this topic, until Sunday, August 14th, 23.59CET
      • you can submit your screenshots for Part Two in this topic, until Monday, August 22nd, 23.59CET
      • the scores you get from Part One and Part Two will be added together to form your final damage score
      • the one that has the highest final damage score will win

Prize:
      • A T34 ('Murican tier VIII Prem-tank)

If you have any questions or need me to explain something, please just let me know =)

Looking forwards to hearing all of you again and having a blast together! :love:
    • hy guys! =D

Next ICE is this Friday, September 16th, 7pm/19.00 UK-time, 8pm/20.00 CEST =)

For those participating in the King of Europe tournament - first of; good luck - you know we're going until deep into the night, so you can join after your battles =)

• Hy guys!

I'm just going to assume that we'll be having this event as well:
      wotblitz.asia/en/news/pc-browser/News/100-years-race/

It is no secret that I adore tier I, and though the Loltractor will always be my tank of choice, this one is pretty darn special too! So in the light of the 100 years race, I want to host a little extra ICE event this Saturday (September 24th), where we'll drive the Mark I tank exclusively. Prepare for a night of derping and lots of laughter, where even tier I battles can be a challenge.
      We'll start at 7pm/19.00 UK-time, 8pm/20.00 CEST. Looking forwards to driving my tier of choice all evening with you all as company :love:

I've asked WG for a prize so we can have a little competition, but as it's short notice, I don't know if it can go through the system in time. I'll keep you updated on that. =)
    • Hy guys!

In October we missed out, because WG moved the finals to when I had intended to hold ICE, but this month, even if short notice, we do have an ICE again. This Friday, November 18th, at 8pm/20.00 CET I hope to see you all on Phoenix ts again =)
    • Hy guys!

ICE Dec'16 will happen this Saturday, December 17th, starting at 7pm/19.00 UK time, 8pm/20.00 CET.

For this ICE, the contest is as follows:
      • Get the highest amount of assisted damage

This can happen in -any- tier now.
      • The assisted damage you got in battle will be divided by the tier you're playing in.
        So, 3k damage in tier X, will give a score of 3,000/10=300
        2,700 damage in tier IX will give a score of 2,700/9=300
        And so on, and so forth, ending with 300 damage in tier I will give a score of 300/1=300
        (meaning that no matter what tier we're playing, if you have a good battle for that tier, you should screenshot and submit it)

Rules:
      • do the highest amount of damage in either a win, a draw or a loss, in a match with at least 4 ICE-participants.
      • take screenshots of both the battle results (as proof that it happened during ICE), the teamresults (to show it was an ICE-match) and the screen that shows your assisted damage
      • your clan has to be an official ICE-partipant
      • you or your toonmate have to be on our ts-server for the event in order to participate in either contest (since not everyone can ts during ICE, it's OR, not AND)
      • you can enter as many times as you want, but only your highest damage-score per event will count
      • you can submit your screenshots for this contest in ICE contest topic or anywhere you can find me, until Monday, December 19th, 23.59CET

Prize:
      • A SU100Y

Hope to see you all there! =)