ICE 2.0

ATTENTION! The forum is archived and can only be read. You can find more information on our Discord server or on our Website.

Discord New Website

• Hyyyyy everyone!

The concept of ICE (Inter-Clan Event) is nearly 2 years old now, and is desperate for some updating. It was started way back when by Dimi2dimi_ and myself, with the purpose to bring clans closer together.

At the time, there were a lot of prejudices and misunderstandings between the clans, and with this initiative, we hoped to overcome those and breed respect and understanding between the clans that participated. An extra reason for it was that at the time, was that countdowns were the closest thing we had to clan wars, so adding a competitive part to it all was an extra incentive to get people involved.

Since autumn last year, we have training rooms, and with that, clan wars came into existence. Not to mention the amount of tournaments we've had in the game itself since then. There's definitely no need for extra competitiveness anymore.

But, in my opinion, there's all the more need for the social aspect of ICE. With the increase of competitiveness we have now, I find that there's also an increase of hostility between clans, and that's absolutely unnecessary. At the same time, the number of people that don't know what side of their tank is the front and which is the back has also increased, which makes random battles all the more annoying.

The basic idea of ICE will remain;
      Every month, we have a server-wide clans-event that every (serious) clan can participate in. It's completely voluntary and by having it monthly, it means that everyone can join in at one time or another, but also that it's fine if people can't make it every time one is held. Because it's only monthly, this will also allow for enough time for clans to have their own events and competitions in between. It doesn't matter how many members from any which clan can join in - it's all about having fun together and getting to know and respect each other.

Now, I'm still not expecting everyone to become the best of friends, some players even hate one another, but there's nothing we can do about that. I'm not stepping into any personal feuds between players, that's for them to solve, not me or any clan-leader. But don't bring it into ICE, and please keep in mind, it's all just a game and it should just be fun for everyone.

Like before, the event will, for the time being, stay on Teamspeak3 because it's the best program to use for voice as it doesn't tax your system too much, and isn't prone to crashing when there's quite a few people in the same channel.

The event will continue to be held on Friday one month, and Saturday the month after, so that everyone will have an opportunity to join in. The events will start at 7pm (19:00) UK-time/8pm (20:00) CET.

However, unlike before, we will no longer split up in different rooms in the beginning - we'll start immediately in the lobby, and we'll start with some tier X, but will pretty soon just be playing whatever tier we want. I understand that this may make things difficult for those that do not speak (good) English, but I'm certain that following the countdowns themselves won't be a problem.

It will be important for everyone to be aware of the noise that comes with them. Headphones are a must, and people that have a lot of background noise or echo, will need to turn off their microphones. Players will use Clan-tags in TS (so I'd become Amaunet85 [PHNX] for example).

On top of that, ICE now has a discord server for easy updates on the event, but more importantly, so that members of the participating clans can mingle. It's free to join for any member of any listed clan, but will be closed for those unlisted.
      discord.gg/6memYMM

This post will be edited as time passes to announce the next ICE.

The next ICE will be held on Saturday, March 11th, starting at 19.00/7pm UK-time, and 20.00/8pm CEST.
      Ts server is: ts.clan-phoenix.com

If anyone has any questions regarding these events, feel free to contact me.

~ Amaunet85

Participating Clans (in alphabetical order):
      • Active Frontline Klan [AFK]
      • AlphaWolves [AW]
      • Blechdosenarmee [BDA]
      • Empros [EMRS]
      • Equilibrium [EQUI]
      • Excelsior [XL]
      • Excess [XS]
      • Fanzone [FZ]
      • Funzone [FUZ]
      • Herzen aus Stahl [HS-DE]
      • It really means AFK [IRMA]
      • Kommando Special Zocker [KSZ]
      • Kraken Team [KRKN]
      • La Familia [LAFA]
      • LOCA [LOCA]
      • Machetelodicoafare [MACH]
      • The Mighty Squirrels [SQUI]
      • Most Valuable Tankers [MVT]
      • Nice 2 Kill You [N2KU]
      • Phoenix [PHNX]
      • Pink Fluffy Unicorn [PINK]
      • Red Hot Chili Peppers [RCHP]
      • Requiem [REQ]
      • Sparta Phalanx [SPRTA]
      • StopCry! [STCY]
      • Tercios Españoles Spanish Rush [TESRH]
      • Valiant [VLNT] Vanguard [VG]
      • W.A.R. [WAR]

Things that have been decided on:
      • Everyone must wear headphones.
      • People with a lot of background noise or without headphones that echo, must mute their microphone.
      • People will use clan-tags in TS - for example, I'd be Amaunet85 [PHNX]. This will make it a lot easier to determine who belongs where.
      • If you do not have a tier X, you're free to pick a tier IX.
      • If you do not have a tier VIII, you're free to pick a tier VII. If you do not wish to do that, do not take part in the countdown until we switch tiers, to keep things fair.
      • In general; if you do not have the tier we're driving, you're free to pick the tier below that, but not the tier above it, because that would give you an unfair advantage. If you do use a higher tier (even if it's just one of the two in a platoon), you will get kicked from the ts-server and won't be able to participate in the rest of the event that day.