Just an idea: Clan War Chest

ATTENTION! The forum is archived and can only be read. You can find more information on our Discord server or on our Website.

Discord New Website

• Just an idea: Clan War Chest

Hello,

I assume it might be annoying, as this idea was probably discussed elsewhere, but I decided to share it, as I was thinking about it for quite a long time.

First of all, I want to say I am completely ignorant about software development, websites, ect.

Few months ago I was member of another clan (actually I am facing the same issues with my new clan, but its another story).

So at that time the clan was quite let's call it "idle". :( I mean most of the members just joined the clan (I think to use cheaper supplies), but that is all. They did not communicate, not participated in any suggested clan activity. In other words, the clan mates were just playing the game, some of them even not regularly. (Those who played from time to time, but were members of the clan, I called them Weekend Players).

I understand that most of us (same is with me) have other things to do in life, but when it comes to the game, I think everyone can spare a few minutes to play a game or two and share a few thoughts with clan mates.
      I personally found that when I get home from work, a few games help me just relax from the busy day and enjoy the rest of the evening with my family.

Anyway, not to go too far away from the topic.

So at that time I was thinking, how to motivate the clan mates to participate more, to be more involved. Well, the answer came a few weeks later, when I tried to organize internal clan wars. And the answer was "What is the reward?"

OMG, I can't offer them anything!
      All the possible in game rewards cost real money (It's ok, the game needs to be supported, and at the end it's a business).

So I came up with the idea of Clan War Chest.

I am not sure whether it can be implemented in the game, but was thinking that it would be much easier to provide it in the WoT Blitz Assistant as a additional function. (Again I have no clue how software is made).

Shortly my concept of the said war chest:

Fund raising: Any clan member can donate to the clan war chest silver or free xp.

Then the Clan Leader can transfer/award to any player from the clan silver or free xp. Even clan members can borrow silver or free xp and then pay it back. Many options can be discussed.

But generally that is the simple description of the idea.

Well, thanks for reading this boring stuff and I really thing such "extra" will boost the clans activity and bring more joy in the game.
    • Finde es ist ein netter Denkanstoß, in Richtung Entwickler (WG), ..........

ZO_RA wrote:

Fund raising: Any clan member can donate to the clan war chest silver or free xp.

Then the Clan Leader can transfer/award to any player from the clan silver or free xp. Even clan members can borrow silver or free xp and then pay it back. Many options can be discussed.

A B E R ........... damit entsteht eine Möglichkeit Silberlinge und XP unter Clanmitgliedern zu verteilen, um Tierklassen und Ausrüstung zu pushen.

Denke immer an das Schlechte und du wirst nicht enttäuscht. :honor:

Der "kleine Katechismus der watutzischen Kirche", Abschnitt 2346 :
      "Oh empfangender Wahnsinniger, vervollständige dein Samson, doch beachte dein Grinsen mit Ehrfurcht. Denn es ist des Scherzengel Gabrieles Werk."
    • watutzi thank you for the comment. Hope one day will work somehow.

Also, just for information, I used google translate to read the post.

I am sorry, but don't speak German.

Thank you again.
    • Hello!

The issue with events is always, that prizes depends on Wargamings Features. So in general you can only use things available in game.

In our Clan (FUZ) or here in the Fanzone we had (and we will have) Events outside Wargamings possibilities.

For Fanzone-Events there are Community Medals, developed by @SevenRichieWhite. We have a never ending Event with challenge cups. Look here: Fanzone Hall of Fame - Bewerbungen

Another idea is for some events, that there is a sponsor. The sponsor donate a gift (i. e. @SevenRichieWhite as official community contributor some gold or other persons who have for example itunes or google play vouchers) and the clan creates an event for winning the prize. We did this in FUZ for example as a "meet and greet platoon event" after founding the clan.

It's up to you and your creativity. :)
    • The things you do are great. I would gladly participate and support, if allowed.

At the time the idea came to me, I was still a member of the old clan, and the clan leaders were getting new players in bulk, that clan ended up with 4 sub-clans. It was madness, we couldn't organize the players form the main one to try to have internal battles ,what about the other 3.Chat software was not used,though the leaders agreed that this should solve the communication problem between the 4 clans in the group.

Anyway, to the point, so I thought about what you describe, but then decided that this kind of rewarding is almost impossible to organize at that time.

On the other hand, I saw many players, who joined, did few hundred battles and then went idle, I think they just stopped playing the game. So I thought something which is let's say free (you can get through battling) would be more suitable for new comers in order to motivate them and keep their interest.

I personally believe that most players give up playing just because they get frustrated with their progress and the limited resources they can get, but don't want to spend real cash to help themselves. That is why I still keep this idea in my head, hoping to see it coming into being.

Thank you.